Saturday, September 5, 2009

Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai!

Edit://
I'm so sorry I posted these pictures without any words the other day coz was running out of time haha.

So yeah here are a couple of pictures from my Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai trip =)


My first tomyum~!


The Royal Botanic Garden
















The view from my hotel


Orchid garden!


Butterfly farm




He kept pooping as soon as I rode on him -_________________-' anyway he's such a poser! [just like me]


This baby elephant is super tame mannn




Haha they looked so cute sitting this way


Haha pooping in the jamban kononnya..





This is the best part of the whole elephant ride~! coz its much steadier compared to the junggle trackking part.


Jungle trackking with elephants.




Hot spring =) The water was really hot. I could actually see steam all over.


This the White temple. Its by far the most breath taking scene I've ever seen. Damn that building is really awesome. Its so detailed and artistic!



This is the gold part.


This is not fake background..in fact I took this! Beautiful isn't it?






Ah! Mini pineapples!


On the way to the Long neck village.


Poor little girl she's not even 10 and she had to have those gold rings around her neck and her legs.


This lady has the highest number or rings among the rest in the village. She has 24 and did you know that the maximum number is 28? More than 28 rings could take their life away.
I don't get it why do they still need to continue this tradition. They did this is actually to protect themselves from the tigers who like to bite onto human's neck back in their original village. Then this has passed on from generation to generation till now. Well even though there are no more tiger attacks they are still doing this =.=' Its really hard core having rings around your neck. Seriously, imagine that. It made them couldn't do so much compared to a normal person. They have to sleep side ways only and they have a special way to bathe, as in another way to clean their neck actually.


The boat ride to Laos! I was lucky to be able to visit Laos as well.




The Golden Triangle!


Thai massage haha. It was good. I laughed so much coz it was kinda ticklish eeek >.<



Best breakfast ever~!

I had such a great time in Thailand haha. Hope to be able visit another part of Thailand next time.
And plans for Hari Raya holidays has changed! I'm going south. YAY!

3 comments:

samantha said...

Fun!!!~~~

Ciara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ciara said...

YAYA fun~! I have more pics in my fb!